About the comments..

• If you had an account on Sexy Youtubers your old login details will work here
Welcome to the Social Media Girls Forum!
Feel free to sign up and join the discussion. It's free and takes 10 seconds!

awaythrowaway

Sep 9, 2019
Yeah I suggest letting people comment but know that it gets wiped every 2 months to keep the forums lean.
Posts = content.
Comments = discussion.
Less work for mods since they won't have to comb through posts.

Reactions: matthewr
Comment

AlexRave

Sep 1, 2020
After having combed through this thread and the other one where many ideas were posted, I think the best solution is a combination of:
  • loading comments on demand (a load comments button in each post that has them, with perhaps the number of comments that would be loaded displayed in it)
  • removing comments that are of a certain age (2 months +) with an automated script that would run on a weekly basis (preferably when the site usage is lowest).
If losing reaction score and points is a concern, a change to the account model could be made to add a past_comments_score attribute, and update the trophies code to take those into account for total reaction score.

Comment

FilthyLiquid

Incredibly Based
Leaker
Feb 24, 2020
It seems to be dramatically slowing down again.
You should probaly get some more mods too, there's so many people bumping threads with garbage posts as of late (did a community die somewhere?).

X34
X34 commented
I will add to this with a recent example because it is something that annoys me

I have a notification saying that the last post in the Rachel cook thread was 54 mins ago.
Someone has already bumped it so that the last post now says it was posted 13 mins ago.

Half an hour and its already been bumped, what does that achieve?
I expect it will be bumped again within the next hour

X34
X34 commented
Some joker bumped this thread - touché

Z
ZIONLION commented
Seems like one easy way to limit bumps: the button only shows up or does anything on threads that haven’t seen activity (including the last time it was bumped) in a month. That would really limit the negative impact and still accomplish what it’s meant for.

gwengwiz7

Aug 28, 2020
Who is in favor👍of making an autobahn account👤and deleting all messages ✍ from a user👶when he gets -50 likes👎or less, 30, 20, 10? 🙂 Can work against suckers🖕, schoolchildren👀 and spammers 🐒
Can this be done?🤔

Silvino
Silvino commented
Agree

gwengwiz7
gwengwiz7 commented
X34
Well, this is a separate case, which the moderator is deal with. The Autobahn can help with assholes who, in 10 minutes, manage to type 10 messages with different shit and get at least -20 dislikes, after an hour there are already -80 of them, for example, and in different discussions there are already 20-30 messages during this time.

gwengwiz7
gwengwiz7 commented
Over time, there will be more of these asses. And the autobahn, if it exists at all, can weed out unnecessary crap.

Arshdeep09

Nov 27, 2020
Hello

kineticpower
kineticpower commented
X34
I was surprised myself. I never knew that until i saw that happen to him. lol

• Medal
Reactions: X34
X34
X34 commented
Medals all round I say

kineticpower
kineticpower commented
lol we're gonna make these moderators go freaking nuts with this loophole discovery :p:p LOL
it's a pity there's only one unlock wall for hidden threads otherwise I would have made a thread for "say hello and award medals" until apollo would kick my ass out of this site :p

Last edited:
  • Medal
Reactions: X34

artorawley

Oct 1, 2019
Wait, why was the bump thread button removed? Just because dumbasses didn't know how to use it and instead spam threads with "bump" comments doesn't mean you should get rid of the bump button. Now there will be even more useless "bump" comments. Christ.

S
SMG-Admin commented
Honestly I didn't mean to remove the bump button I've only just noticed it was missing. I was working on it and forgot to change the permissions back

X34
X34 commented
The place was so much nicer without bumps. I logged in today with about 1 page of unread threads in my watched list rather than the usual 2-3. Each of which had a genuine post or comment rather than just being bumped

Steelgrip99
Steelgrip99 commented
I love comments+bumbs! Its what makes this forum so much better then others!

X34

Leaker
Contributor
Apr 21, 2019
I've noticed comments are being turned off and on at similar times of day.
Either something automated when the forum slows down or the admin is playing with settings

• PepHands
Reactions: hoodspeed
Comment