Off Topic Turntable issue

Hello,
I allow myself to post something completely unrelated to this forum because I’m losing my shit; and I hope that someone among the thousands here can help me :confused:

For starters, I'm not an audio expert or anything, I just though the money I gave to Amouranth could be better used in something nice for a change :ROFLMAO:
So I started with the setup bellow:
  • Turntable Pro-Ject Debut 3
  • Amp Marantz PM 6006
  • Speakers Cabasse MT32
I hear some parasite sound coming out of the Phono input and sometime even a “buzz” for one to a few seconds, extremely annoying as you can imagine, and I can’t figure out where it comes from o_O

I have those ONLY on the phono input, as soon as I switch to cd or whatever the parasites are gone. I also have them even if the turntable isn’t on and with the speakers unplugged, I can hear them with headphones plugged on the amp. As soon as the RCA cables are plugged between the turntable and the amp I can here them!

So I thought that I had an issue with the RCA cable provided with the turntable, so I switched to those: Supra Cables
But and it’s even worse!!! Like the new cable is better at delivering the parasites :cry: Anyway if someone as a lead,some tips or whatever, I'll be eternally grateful.

Thank you, and godspeed.

May 23, 2020
Hello fellow ninja turtle, the issue sounds like the infamous ground loop .
I think most commonly appears when two connected devices are both grounded
which messes up the circuit.Try browsing for "ground loop".
Sorry I'm not helping much but I have no experience on the subject either.
Good Luck!

Reactions: Torototo
Comment