Off Topic Cam Browser - An improved web-based interface for camsites

You must be registered for see images

https://cam-browser.web.app

(formerly https://cb-mfc.herokuapp.com)

An improved viewing interface for a number of cam sites, including chaturbate, myfreecams, stripchat, flirt4free and cam4. Supports saved favorites, recently viewed, and blocks, viewing multiple streams at once, and easy downloading of streams as you watch.

Comments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. welcome. I wrote this mainly for my own personal use, but it's good to share, and the feedback has helped me make it significantly better.

Last edited:

John0069

Feb 16, 2023
The Netherlands
ladykiller.nl
If you are serious about becoming a cam girl or cam guy then you want to make sure you have the right attitude when entering this line of work. Be VERY open minded. You will get lots of requests which you may find strange but don't embarass the clients. You are there to be fulfill their fantasy, even if it is not necessarily yours. If it is something that makes you feel uncomfortable you can always kindly decline though. It helps if you have an outgoing personality and smile a lot. A lot of clients often times just want to get to know a model so always act like you're having fun and act like you are into what you're doing because then the client will enjoy it as well. It will work in your favor if you are an exhibitionist. I don't know of many cam models who are not. Having good acting skills is also very helpful in this line of work. You may have to roleplay on cam so make sure you have a variety of different outfits to play around with.

Comment
Updated. There were 3 issues all of a sudden:
- Recurbate got their domains banhammered by CB (see https://recurbate.com/). Found their new working version
- F4F changed their stream URLs
- SC updated their model API

should all be fixed now

2 Comments
kuboalmighty
kuboalmighty commented
thank you, just found your app. BTW be aware, i dunno how many users you get daily but if you get the cb attention they'll soon come to you. MAke the first move, or stay ready to make a move, just in case.

J
jackaaa8 commented
Each time you log in again,
The new model only has three pages. It will refresh after a few minutes, but only a small portion will.
So sometimes it takes a long time to search

Nov 13, 2023
Hey everybody!
I don't know if i'm the only one that has this problem, but i can't play the videos recorded in stripchat. I tried Potplayer, VLC, MPC - HC but none of them works. Does anybody know how to fix that?

1 Comment
Q
qqqsss2 commented
still working for me. I've seen some some issues with SC's normal HLS streams - they favor the low-latency hls streams in their UI. this app shouldn't be using the LL streams though, so if the stream shows in the app it should be playable.

exfan

Nov 18, 2023
Hi qqqsss2, the thumbnails/mugshots for F4F aren't loading, any chance you could take a look please?

1 Comment
Q
qqqsss2 commented
Looks like the CDN server I was using for the images was down. switched to a different one, should be back to normal

jackaaa8

Nov 16, 2023
sc refresh time is very long,
Sometimes it takes up to an hour to search for a new model.
Some models can be viewed but the icons are black

3 Comments
Q
qqqsss2 commented
I don't see any issues. I've looked at the logs for the function that updates site data, and while SC did seem to have an outage, it was a week ago at this point (the 17th). Since then there hasn't been a single failed call to SC so I'm not sure what the problem might be. If it happens again, maybe try refreshing the page, if that doesn't work, let me know.

by the way, you can see the exact time the models the site is displaying was last updated at the bottom of the models list, it'll say 'Last Updated <time>'. This should be really no longer than 10 minutes ago, but usually less than 5.

J
jackaaa8 commented
每次重新登录时,
新模型只有三页。几分钟后就会刷新,但只有一小部分会刷新。
所以有时要花很长时间去寻找

J
jackaaa8 commented
Sorry, I accidentally commented on the 6th floor.
Here it was accidentally translated into Chinese,
Don’t know where to delete it from

Dec 2, 2023
mfc hasn't been working for me for a few days

2 Comments
Q
qqqsss2 commented
MFC has always randomly blocked requests to their api, and I've never been able to figure out why. it looks like a few days ago it started blocking significantly more often (dark blue line here):

43yTSLm.jpg

I made a small change to the URL requested, maybe it'll make some difference, who knows.

Q
qqqsss2 commented
It looks like this worked, thankfully.

rlzTWFi.jpg

Is it possible to make the source code available? (Minus dev keys of course)

This is a really neat idea, and I'd love to play around with this for the sites that I frequent more often than CB.

1 Comment
Q
qqqsss2 commented
no, sorry. I won't release anything even remotely identifiable, and that includes code.

if you want to DM me I'd be happy to discuss architecture and implementation, and if you're interested in other sites I may consider adding support for them.

Is it possible to make thumb or screenshots to live camera like Bookmark or cshive
when they had

Q
qqqsss2 commented
oh I understand the original question now, and no, I'm absolutely not making the next bookmark.cam

this app is almost purely front-end. the only thing that's not done on your computer is saving your favorites/etc, and requesting the currently online models from sites - and for CB, even that is done on your end. the fetching of model info is user driven as well. the trigger to update site info is done by users - if no one is actively looking at a site, it won't be updated.

I've spoken to the admin of bookmark.cam, and that site collected really astounding amounts of data. that shit is expensive, and I have zero interest in getting into that.

Last edited:
R
Rsdog commented
That guy is a hero. I hope cam guy comes back full force.

Now for you, I request you add an option to change from list view to grid view. When scrolling through the models.

Another proposal is to clean up the site a bit more.
Like this site, I'd like a 3 lines button and there you can have favorites list button, which takes you to the favorites list. In that page, you can have all your favorites. In that page you have your options, or check boxes, to display favorite models from sites like chaturbate, etc, etc. Also a bar that displays online only, offline only, or all favorites.
And lastly, option to select either from latest logged on, latest signed up, most recent favorited.

Q
qqqsss2 commented
Now for you, I request you add an option to change from list view to grid view. When scrolling through the models.
it already is a grid view. do you mean the opposite? like add a table view of models, one per line?

Like this site, I'd like a 3 lines button and there you can have favorites list button, which takes you to the favorites list. In that page, you can have all your favorites. In that page you have your options, or check boxes, to display favorite models from sites like chaturbate, etc, etc. Also a bar that displays online only, offline only, or all favorites.
And lastly, option to select either from latest logged on, latest signed up, most recent favorited.
There already is a page (accessible via a link at the bottom) to manage your favorites. it's not perfect, but I'm limited in terms of what I can display when a model is offline. for example, many sites only have images available for a model when they're online.

additionally, there is already options for sorting your favorites in the select boxes at the top of the model list. the default sort is from first favorited -> most recent favorited, but there is the reverse, plus a few other options. I'm again limited in terms of what information sites provide, so I can't really support things like 'latest logged on'.

and finally, I'm not mixing sites. everything's designed to work for one site at a time and I have no interest in changing that

R
Rsdog commented
Ok, i completely understood : )

Dec 12, 2023
Hi, why site can't find stripchat camgirls? a girl is online since 3 hours but I see "stream not available". Thumbnails of favorites don't work too. Thanks.

2 Comments
Q
qqqsss2 commented
Is there still a problem? It looks OK to me now, and I don't see any evidence of issues retrieving data from SC

L
Lucab1 commented
Finally I noticed "stream not available" is just for new models. After days, I can see them :cool:

Nov 20, 2023
The note function per model doesn't save any information, specifically if i need to re-login.

2 Comments
Q
qqqsss2 commented
can you elaborate? it seems to work. if you were to leave or reload the page very soon after updating a note (<30 seconds) it might get lost before it gets saved, but I'm not seeing any issues

W
willybeef commented
i tried it out as i read your comment.
when i enter something in the notes text field and NOT closing it for 30s, it will disappear after the model went offline.
had a feeling that this note feature was more stable before january, cause i heavily relied on that