News FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the site running slow?
The site usually runs slow on peak days (when we have a lot of traffic). And since we rolled out medals system it has slowed down even more. It will take some time to get back to normal because the medals system is doing 56 million queries right now. For now, we are going to roll out all of the medals one by one.

Your medals are not removed. They do not exist because we had to remove them. We are bringing them back one by one. Only 35k members have got the medal that is available on the site right now. It has to go through 4 million users so please be patient.

Why are there so many dead attachments on the forum?
There have been a lot of server switches since the forum was started so due to data corruption the attachments are not working anymore, but we are trying to recover the files that we can.

Update: We have managed to restore the thumbnails of the images. We tried to link the backups on the new server, but we'll have to do it manually for 77,000+ images and it's impossible to do it manually. We can't restore the images unless there's a way to do it automatically and not one by one.

I've been on the forum for years why am I still a "New Member"?
Because you leech more than you contribute. Start contributing.

I don't see a reply button
Turn off your ad blockers and private DNS and see if it shows up.

GIFS are not being uploaded as profile picture
The dimensions for gifs are set to 400x400. Click on "From remote image URL" while uploading and use Imgur or other file hosting sites to host your profile picture.

Why can't we attach files on the forum?
We encourage you to use take down resilient file hosts like bunkr and jpgfish to host your uploads.

What happened to my reaction score?
When your post gets deleted your reaction score gets reduced. If you think your post has been deleted by mistake then contact the mods.

Why my comments are being removed?
Comments make the forum slow down so we have to do a complete wipe whenever the server gets slow.

How do I delete my account?

How do I change my username?

Why can't I access some threads?
The thread must be removed because of a takedown request.

How to get access to hidden threads?
We don't have a user rank ladder right now when we make such system we will make an announcement explaining how to rank up.

I'm logged out of my account / I'm not receiving 2FA email
Contact SMG-Admin for account recovery.

Takedown my stuff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.