News IMPORTANT - Lost 6 months of content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2020
It has been a long week

To keep things short, a server migration turned into a hosting ban and a loss of content due to corrupt backups.

I’ve had to restore the best backup which was taken in April.

Keep in mind everything since April has been lost. User accounts, reaction score, threads and posts. I’m sorry but at least we’re back. Lessons have been learnt

I’ll try my best to restore things to how they were. Some features may not work for a day or so and the site might be up and down for a little bit while I work things out

Grateful to have the platform in the first place. We all appreciate your efforts 👍

A
Agnellone84 commented
Gg

J
Jendraz commented
Thanks for bringing the forum back

H
hipfan52 commented
Thanks for all the hard work restoring it

E
EnigmaLust commented
thank you for all your help admin

Oof, that's brutal. I hope you guys aren't beating yourselves up over it. Shit happens. Thanks for keeping this site going.

Durga mahesh
Durga mahesh commented
At least we're still alive thought we got thot hubbed for a minute there

N
Niagarafalls7 commented
Thank you for all that you do, we appreciate it!

Z
Zygfryd1984 commented
thanks bro

Aug 6, 2020
After seeing multiple platforms like thoth, sexyeg, thotbay, fig, etc. go down, Im just glad this one is up

H
hunterthomp commented
Thefallen00
Thefallen00 commented
A Does anyone know the names of other cool forums that are active now?

Thefrustratedone
Thefrustratedone commented
Fuck simpcity. The mods are horrible. I got banned for asking about the first violation I got. One violation and they ipbanned me. But they still get to keep the content I posted.

D
docfakes commented
Must be some general ban stick action happening.

Crazy Gringo

I'm constantly running out of time!
Contributor
Advanced Leaker
Nov 23, 2020
  • Yes, it's not pleasant, but it's good that we're back. It will be easy for me to restore the absolute majority of my data, because I publish on several forums at once. Thank you for your efforts. Have a good job!

J
jahon commented
glad that the forum is back (y)

L
Labeano commented
To bad it won’t let me sign into my old account and lost all my reactions

D
Dinomight commented
My previous pw from 6 months ago worked👍

N
nkkw commented
try the password you had before April. I changed the password in August and had to use the old one to get in.

No worries, we have simpcity :BannedPepe::peepoSprint:

C
cuckoldfan30 commented
simpcity doesn't hide threads from people with low reaction score right? and here I lost all my reaction scores because of this back up loss!! smh

Notme7
Notme7 commented
as annoying as it is I do understand why some threads are locked behind a high postive score. My problem right now is trying to remember what was and wasn't locked behind that system so I can tell if I lost access to certain threads or not

B
Blackydee5675565 commented

Banned why? Because i hurt someones ego? Do you think i really care that much? Doubt stating the facts is bannable you dingus

T
Thedudeabides72 commented
Yeah my score dropped just enough to get locked out of some. It happens. I'll find a way to build myself back up.

Nov 1, 2023
Thank you

T
TheOtherOne commented
Keep in mind everything since April has been lost. User accounts, reaction score, threads and posts. I’m sorry but at least we’re back. Lessons have been learnt
Ouch! No proper backup(s) (yup double or even triple backup on daily/weekly basis is an important and normal thing) for 6 months. Glad to see things are getting back to normal and hey, things happen in life and as you mentioned "lessons have been learnt" is all we can do when things go down south. (y):peepoSprint::peepoSprint:

A
annonz commented
Did you try turning it off and back on again

K
kiihhnhn88 commented
jj

S
skiremit commented
Did you try turning off and back on again

Status
Not open for further replies.